Andrea has been involved in leadership, facilitation and teaching through the Catholic Education Office (Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn) and the Australian Catholic University. Her favourite areas of work have been centred on facilitating spiritual growth programs and coaching.
Andrea is the recipient of the Churchill Fellow (2004) and the Australian Council of Educational Leadership Award (2009). Her qualifications include a B.Ed, Grad. Dip. R.E., Grad. Dip. Min., M.A. (Theological Studies) and a certificate in spiritual direction.
After coordinating the leadership program for young women (the Young Catholic Women’s Interfaith Fellowship) from 2012, Andrea took on the role of Director of the Office for the Participation of Women in 2017.
Office for the Participation of Women
- Undertakes projects as determined by the Council for Australian Catholic Women and as approved by the Bishops Commission for Evangelisation, Laity and Ministry in implementing the recommendations of the Annual Social Justice Statement on the participation of women in the Church.
- Provides administrative support to the Council for Australian Catholic Women and acts as a focal point for ongoing dialogue and the integration of ideas pertaining to the participation of women in the Catholic Church in Australia.
Appointment of Director
- The Bishops Commission for Evangelisation, Laity and Ministry will appoint the Director on a standard ongoing employment contract as a permanent employee of the Australian Catholic Bishops Conference. The Director concurrently holds the office of Director of the Office for the Participation of Women and the Director of the Office for Lay Pastoral Ministry.
- The Director will appoint a Projects Officer with the approval of the Chair of the Bishops Commission for Evangelisation, Laity and Ministry to support the work of the Office.
- The Director is accountable to the Bishop Delegate for fulfilling the Mandate of the Office for the Participation of Women. The Director is accountable to the General Secretary or the Executive Secretary of the Bishops Commission for Evangelisation, Laity and Ministry (as mutually agreed) for fulfilling the position of Director.